Saturday, January 9, 2010

my father's favorite photographers

i went to barnes and noble bookseller about a week ago. gravitated over to the art section. saw this book and fainted.

the book i'm speaking about is "alfred steiglitz - camera work" - 25th anniversary special edition.

i fainted again when i got to the register and the chickadee behind the counter said i only owed her $14.99. i stumbled over my words "you must be mistaken - a book like this should retail for millions." she replied "oh wow man, you know, you're kinda cute and all but you're really holding up the line."

dazed. i wondered around the parking lot the remainder of the night unable to speak or mumble.

when the sun rose i found my car went home and began mulling over the book. i think i'll take a break now as i haven't slept for days.



addendum:

my father was a photographer. he instilled in me the idea of the continuous search for beauty, the ongoing struggle to grow as an artist and as a person.

alfred stieglitz, his posse who were showcased in the original "camera work" folios and subsequently the lens folk of the latter revolting "group f/64"were his all time favorite fine art photographers.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I will definitely buy the book. My Dad the photographer, will enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete